Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meeting Someone Huge

This blog is not what I call a chronological blog.
Chunks of past present and future all posted whenever I feel necessary.

A little about me:
I am 19
I am male
I am a Media student (starting in 3 months)
I love film, music and partying.
...Thats enough about me.

That is something I don't understand about life, everybody is always trying to work everyone else out, asking questions and trying to get inside peoples heads as quick as possible. What ever happened to mystery? What happened to just experiencing life and sparing the questions?

But one thing I do believe in is fate. And sometimes fate may slap you in the face...and ill tell you why.

I live in a small town, with a population of 3200 people. Beautiful scenery, but it pisses down in winter and is searing hot in summer. I don't know how I survive here. Not many people know about this town, its quite secluded from everything else, but is only an hour train ride to the city (which is not that much for us Australians.)

Anyway, last week, on Thursday I think it was. It was just another ordinary night, I had worked that day and was a bit tired. My mum had invited me out for drinks and the pub (I have a weird relationship with her, shes a young mum). Anyway, I declined and said I wasn't up to it without hesitation.

That night I did nothing, just watched TV. How exciting.

Meanwhile, mum was having drinks at the pub with her friend and they started talking to a guy. After getting to know him a little she asked him what he did. He said he directed films. Mum said, "Oh, yeah. Any ones I would have seen?" And he replied with, "Oh just recently directed (a huge movie)."

This was being released in Australia that week. She had just met (A film director), one of the biggest directors of the present day around the globe. His films have grossed more than $2.7 billion.

Turns out he was here for a wedding. Close friends.

And where was I? Watching Family Guy, at home, on TV.


It was fate that this megastar had come to my very small secluded home town, the one night I was going to go to the pub where he was.

And fate slapped me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment